There is nothing more classic than a polka dot print. And nothing emotes more of an easy going yet whimsical feeling than black and white polka dots. You can take the ladylike route and wear a simple, ruffled dress with the pattern, or try a fashion-forward approach and wear it all over. It’s really up to you how far you can take the trend! Marc Jacobs always has polka dots front and center. For his upcoming Fall and Winter collection, dots of all sizes were dominant, both big and small. I’m sure there are few doubting Mr. Jacobs fashion styling abilities.
The best thing about adding polka dots is you can wear them anywhere. Wear a small scarf around your neck or go full tilt and wear a matching top and pants outfit. Dresses are always the easiest way to pull off polka dots but you can change things up a bit by wearing shorts or a fuller skirt.
If you are feeling extra daring (you rascal, you!), try throwing in a bright accent piece like a neon red purse or a simple yellow belt . You may be scared that you will look Minnie Mouse-ish if you take the trend full blast, but you shouldn’t be! A little confidence is all you need to make this trend work for you.
1. Steven Alan Cynthia Polka Dot Dress, $385
2. The Limited Dotty One-Shoulder Dress, $89.90
3. Madewell Darling Dots Dress, $158
4. J.Crew Dotted Tulle Fineline Cami, now $39.99
5. Dolce&Gabbana Leopard Print Calf Hair Slingback, $825
6. Betsey Johnson Betsey’s Secret Garden Dragon Fly Illusion Necklace, now $52.61
Image Layout: Molly Murphy