Zac Posen, Dolce & Gabbana and Lavin shined a new light on habitually subdued fall flavors. Presenting an array of decadent designs, several of these high-end fashion houses kicked summer’s brights to the curb to make way for spectacular magenta, emerald, ruby and sapphire jeweled hues.
Not just for the rich and famous, these gemstone palettes easily transcend into affordable and simple-to-style everyday options.
By color blocking with two delicious hues, you’ll look luxe bedecked in head-to-toe color. If subtle is your style, select one focal piece and pair it with neutrals that are equally suitable for office or an evening out.
Daytime denim sparkles with a brilliant jewel-tone top, perfect for that laid-back glam. Add a new twist on this trend by sporting jewel tone trousers such as casual cords teamed with a sleek white tee. You’ve now created a hint of edge perfect for day!
1. A classic bow tie blouse gets an update in this burnt orange hue. Take things easy pairing this classic number with faded jeans. Ark & Co Tie-neck Secretary Blouse, $49
2. Porcelain princesses will appear royalty draped in this cozy emerald toggle topper. Kenneth Cole New York Hooded Buckle Tab Coat, $130
3. If you’re an olive skin tone gal you can embrace marigold – it’s your hidden gem – giving you that extra glow during fall and winter. Cinching your waist while flaunting a fraction of your décolletage is done with class in this flouncy silk shirt. Theme Beaded Shoulder Blouse, $59
4. This jersey dress, gathered at the waist, will highlight your figure and keep you toasty and snug this season. Tinley Road Knot Front Mini Dress, $49
5. Take this trend and apply your own creative spin – this is what personal style is all about! These raspberry stretch cords rock when worn with cutout booties, a neutral tee, and layers of jewelry. KUT from the Kloth Skinny Corduroy Jeans, $65
Runway Image: ellegirl.elle.com; Celebrity image: teenvogue.com
– Elise Ford
Image Layout: Elise FordSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: Ark & Co Tie-neck Secretary Blouse, discount fashion shopping, finds on a dime color apparel, Jewel tone colors from the runway, jewel tone trend for fall 2011, Kenneth Cole New York Hooded Buckle Tab Coat, KUT from the Kloth Skinny Corduroy Jeans, Theme Beaded Shoulder Blouse, Tinley Road Knot Front Mini Dress