While Heatherbelle is away traveling the world, her cousin Gabriella (who has just as much attitude) has kindly offered to fill in.
I’m not one to make New Year’s Resolutions. I know the majority fail and I am unconventional. If I am going to start a diet, it’s going to be on a Tuesday, never a Monday. If I’m going to join the gym, it’s going to be over the summer when I can get a crazy good deal, and not January 1 when I know I will never get into a class or on an elliptical machine. So of course when asked what my fashion and beauty resolutions were, I initially laughed the question off. Then I got to thinking, maybe my New Year’s Resolution was to actually make a New Year’s Resolution or two … ones I could possibly realistically keep. So without further ado, here they are:
1. I will learn how to apply nail applique polish well. By that I mean cutting in a straight line and filing.
2. I will rid my jewelry box of all knuckle rings because let’s face it, they are ugly and scare men. So you may be asking yourself, do I mean the ones that extend horizontally over multiple fingers or the extra long one with hinges that extends up to your nail bed? The answer would be both.
3. I will only shop the flash sale sites where I actually would buy something. I waste too many hours at work browsing them all and those are hours I can’t get back. Let’s call a spade a spade, most sell junk.
4. I will only buy shoes with red soles (Louboutin or YSL). Who cares if I can’t eat for a week or two?
5. I will try to limit the amount of black I buy. OK, at least one bright colored item for every four. My closet can no longer look like it belongs to Morticia.
1. Sally Hansen Salon Effects – Kitty, Kitty, now $4.27
4. Highness Platform Pump in Black, $1075
Check back with me in a few months and see how I do.
See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: 2012 Fashion Reolutions, Eddie Borgo Hinged Gunmetal-plated PavÃ© Crystal Ring, Fashion with attitude, Gilt.com, Highness Platform Pump in Black, Preen Line Azure Stretch Cotton-drill Dress, Sally Hansen Salon Effects â€“ Kitty Kitty