Ah, if money was no object (and sadly it is) I would want a really special watch for Mother’s Day. I’m talking diamond encrusted and/or Hermès special. By now anybody who knows me can attest I’m obsessed with all things Cartier and jewelry when it comes to Hermès (I know I should want a Birkin, but I don’t). My absolute dream is to own a rose gold and diamond Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch, but since it costs as much as a car, I will have to make due with my stainless steel version.
C.D.Peacock (established in 1837 and now celebrating celebrating its 175th Anniversary) has the distinction of being Chicago’s first jewelry retailer. They offer the finest jewelry, timepieces and giftware luxury brands such as Rolex, Hermès, Chanel, Cartier, Panerai, Patek Philippe, Montblanc, Mikimoto, Hearts On Fire, Tacori and countless others. Their selection of luxury watches is unparalleled. So I took it upon myself to pick 5 of my favorite dream watches to share with you for inspiration or tears of envy, depending on which side you fall.
1. Chanel J12 White Ceramic Watch with Diamond Bezel – $20,650
2. Ballon Bleu de Cartier Watch – midsized diamond bezel, 18k rose gold – $45,400
3. Hermès Arceau Chrono Colors 43mm Steel White Dial Handmade White Epsom Calf Strap Mechanical Self Winding Movement 42hour Power Reserve – $6,125
4. Hermès H-our Medium Steel White Varnished Dial Handmade Smooth Orange Calf Double Tour Interchangeable Strap Quartz – $2,250
5. C.D.Peacock 1837 Collection Lady’s Stainless Steel Quartz Watch Diamond Bezel Black Mother of Pearl Dial on Strap – $5,000
C.D.Peacock has a rich history. Elijah Peacock, a skilled third generation watch and jewelry repairman, opened the original store called the House of Peacock the same year Chicago was incorporated as a city. This was a time when watches were scarce, and Mr. Peacock’s ability to repair pocket watches was said to have quickened Chicago’s efficiency. In 1889, Elijah passed the reins down to his son Charles Daniel, and thus the name was changed to C.D.Peacock.
From the earliest days, the record books read like a Who’s Who of Chicago including Cyrus McCormick (inventor of the reaper), George M. Pullman (inventor of the sleeping car), Mary Todd Lincoln (Abraham Lincoln’s wife), Potter Palmer, Marshall Field, and athletes and celebrities throughout the country.
C.D.Peacock is located at Oakbrook Center (172 Oakbrook Center, 630.571.5355); Northbrook Court (1128 Northbrook Court, 847.564.8030); and Woodfield Mall (E-140 Woodfield Mall, 847.619.6560).
For more information, please visit cdpeacock.com or follow C.D.Peacock on Facebook or Twitter (@CDPeacock).
– Lauren Dimet WatersSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: 5 Mother's Day Watch Picks, Ballon Bleu de Cartier Watch, C.D.Peacock, C.D.Peacock 1837 Collection Lady's Stainless Steel Quartz Watch, Chanel J12 White Ceramic Watch with Diamond Bezel, Chicago Fine Jewelry, HermÃ¨s Arceau Chrono Colors 43mm Steel White Dial, HermÃ¨s H Watch