Good news, ladies! You can finally indulge in that extra scoop of ice cream you’ve been longing for since New Year’s. No, I’m not talking about desserts. I’m talking about your new spring wardrobe! As the cold winter days pass and spring creeps in, it’s time to give your wardrobe its annual revamp. As you carefully ponder what trends to try, and what pieces to invest in, I want you to keep in mind one thing: ice cream.
Shop of pieces with hues that echo your favorite flavors of ice cream! Mint green, orange sherbert, and strawberry reds are all the rage this season. Simple enough, right?
1. Vanilla: There’s nothing plain and ordinary about a white dress this time of year! First, winter white is a serious DO right now. And the extra embroidery pattern and beading adds enough texture to keep the dress more than interesting.
Lily Pulitzer Harwin Dress, $468
2. Lemon Tart: Now, if you’re only going to go for one serving of this color trend, may I suggest a lemony yellow? Color makes the best impact as a dress, or even better, a maxi dress. Sheer is another trend that’s here to stay, and since lemony yellow can be a sheer disaster, find a piece that has many layers in various shades. Tres, tres, chic!
Tory Burch Abilene Dress, $895
3. Orange Sherbet: What is it about orange sherbet that’s just so happy? The zestful color adds just enough “pow” to your ensemble without looking too over-the-top. A frock is the perfect way to slither this color trend into your wardrobe. Layer now with tights and boots, and later with some strappy sandals, and you’ve got a piece that’s sure to go far.
Missoni Henley Dress, $645
4. Mint: This season’s green is light and refreshing. Step away from the jewel tones and go for a more subtle green. If you’re sketchy about this color, splurge on a leather handbag. It’s a non-committing way to stay on-trend.
Chloe Angie Bag, $2,295
5. Cherry: Now, traditionally the cherry is on top. Well, in the fashion world, we prefer the cherry on the bottom… or rather on your feet. Strappy statement red roles are a sure fire way to strut into the spring season in style. Oh, and did I mention these are Jimmy Choos?
Jimmy Choo Time Cutout Suede Sandals, $995
6. Double-Scoop: You’re never happy with one scoop of ice cream, so why settle for one color in the spring? Color block the flavorful colors of spring in your pieces, like this theory dress. Think of it as strawberry with a touch of French vanilla. Tasty, no?
Theory Charlaine Silk Colorblock Dress, $295
- Laurie Espino
Image Layout: Second City Style