Stress. It reeks havoc on our skin. When you feel stress, the brain sends stress signals to your vital organs, including the skin, which then trigger your organs to react to the stress aggression. So, when your body is feeling stress, your heart starts beating fast, your muscles tense, and your skin can immediately experience inflammation, redness, dullness, blotchiness, and an overall look of tiredness. Over time, your skin’s responses to stress will weaken the skin barrier, dehydrating your skin, making your skin more susceptible to future stress episodes, and cause premature aging.
Enter Kiehl’s New Skin Rescuer Stress-Minimizing Daily Hydrator which addresses and reduces skin’s reaction to stress. It’s been formulated to not only treat and protect the skin from its stress reaction, but more importantly, and with the help of the ingredients Mannose and Rosa Gallica, the formula limits the release of stress signals to the skin, in turn minimizing the inflammatory response and breaking the stress cycle.
Clinical tests show improvement after one week, and after four weeks, showed that Skin Rescuer effectively minimized the appearance of dehydration, redness, blotchiness and skin fatigue:
- 100% showed improvement in overall skin quality with a +51% improvement rate vs. baseline.
- 100% showed improvement in skin fatigue with a +48% improvement rate vs. baseline.
- 98% showed improvement in skin dryness with a +41 improvement rate vs. baseline.
- 98% showed improvement in skin blotchiness with a +36% improvement rate vs. baseline.
- 77% showed improvement in skin redness with a +23% improvement rate vs. baseline
Skin Rescuer was formulated as a daily moisturizer, but has such an incredible light texture it’s also ideal for layering. So it’s easy to incorporate it into your daily regimen. Simply apply it after your serum, but before your moisturizer (or use it as your moisturizer) and SPF. It’s so light I see myself using it all summer.
– Lauren Dimet WatersSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40