I was thrilled to meet Jane Iredale in person at the Nordstrom Beauty Trend Show last month. She told me about her BB Cream that has been quite popular, so I wanted to try it. Jane Iredale products are all dermatologist- and sensitivity-tested, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. I have tried her products before, so I knew that it would not irritate my skin.
The water-resistant, mineral-based formula nourishes your complexion and helps protect skin from UV and free radical damage. Glow Time covers blemishes, minimizes pores, disguises wrinkles and smoothes and brightens skin. Just a pea-sized amount is all you need to apply for a glowing complexion. I like to use it instead of foundation for a natural look.
• Provides Broad Spectrum SPF 25 and UVA P++ protection that is water-resistant for up to 40 minutes.
• Grapefruit extract promotes luminosity and radiance, minimizes the appearance of pores and wrinkles, and may help fade uneven pigmentation.
• Apple extract is a skin-smoothing antioxidant that exfoliates, refines and rejuvenates skin.
• Sunflower seed oil is rich in moisturizing vitamin E.
• Aloe leaf juice soothes and calms.
• Available in six shades.
Just as the name implies, these two products work beautifully together. Smooth Affair offers anti-aging properties to even skin tone, minimize the appearance of pores and increase luminosity. It makes your skin feels nourished, look smoother and makeup goes on more easily and lasts longer with this primer. Although the BB cream works well on its own, I found myself addicted to using both together. Use with or without your favorite moisturizer.
• Grapefruit extract promotes luminosity and radiance.
• Apple extract is a skin-smoothing antioxidant that helps maintain skin’s youthful elasticity.
• Green and white tea leaf extracts and royal jelly for anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Aloe leaf juice soothes and calms skin.
• Algae extract fights aging, firms skin and prevents moisture loss.
• Olive leaf extract promotes epidermal cell renewal.
• Honeysuckle extract purifies.
I am constantly searching for a nude eye concealer that adds moisture, yet covers dark circles and puffiness. Circle/Delete is an eye treatment as well as a concealer containing conditioners such as jojoba esters and avocado oil, which are both high in vitamins A, C, D and E. It also contains green tea extract, a potent antioxidant. Each shade may be used separately, or blended to better match complexion. The light color is intended for the dark circles and the darker tone for puffiness. I found both shades to conceal on their own and also when mixed together! You can play around without this concealer to correct what you need when you need it for dark circles or puffiness.
– Carol Calacci
Disclosure: Products provided for review but the opinions expressed are my own.