An incredibly versatile garment, the maxi skirt has reigned season after season, boldly surpassing the latest trend timeline. Whether short or tall, every woman benefits from this slimming, statuesque silhouette, comfortably enveloped in the equivalent of your favorite pajama pants. With a multitude of styling options, consider these tips and tricks on how to don your maxi in a sleek and stylish manner.
• When shopping for a maxi skirt fit is the most important factor. Select a skirt length that skims the floor to make your frame appear longer and leaner.
• Avoid being overwhelmed with this trend. Stick with a jersey material that accentuates your shape.
• Create a sleek silhouette by highlighting your waist with a cinched belt. Choose a woven belt for that laid-back Bohemian look or an animal print for that bold, eclectic feel.
• Absolutely love the look of two juxtaposing styles? Pair a cropped leather jacket with a flouncy floor length skirt; you’ll project femininity with just the right amount of unexpected edge.
• Common casual staples turn your floor length skirt into an everyday wearable trend. Work your magic, instantly updating your maxi, with a simple tank or tee combined with strappy flat sandals and an eye-catching pendant necklace. You’re ready for any unexpected event!
1. Free People Solid Sashaying Skirt, $68
2. Sabine Pleated Maxi Skirt In Cobalt, $59
3. Free People Stripe Column Skirt, $78
4. Hive & Honey Foldover Knit Maxi, $59
5. Threads for Thought Luna Maxi Skirt, $39.99
– Elise FordSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40