Fall and denim aren’t exactly a left-field combo when it comes to fashion. As the summer heat sizzles down and autumn’s breeze sets in, the number of denim-clad individuals multiply exponentially. But this year it’s different. Denim has transitioned itself beyond the traditional dungarees. Denim-accented accessories are still going strong, chambray shirts are a staple for the fall and a denim-on-denim look can be surprisingly chic – when executed correctly, of course.
To help you rock the trend in a modern and stylish way, here are a few denim-accented pieces to get you started. Illustrating to you that you don’t have to look like a Canadian tuxedo disaster when trying this fall trend.
1. Shoe: Del Toro Selvedge Denim Star Slippers, $375
2. Dress: Tibi Denim Dress – Potpourri Printed, now $195.75
3. Vest: RAG & BONE Burney Vest in Tattered Denim, $230
4. Jacket: J.Crew Schoolboy Blazer in Chambray, now $119.99
5. Bag: Belar Backpack & Shoulder Bag in Denim Blue, $175
6. Shirt: Current/Elliott The Perfect Shirt, $198
– Laurie Espino
Image Layout: Second City StyleSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: Belar Backpack & Shoulder Bag in Denim Blue, Current/Elliott The Perfect Shirt, Del Toro Selvedge Denim Star Slippers, denim fashion, fall 2013 denim, J.Crew Schoolboy Blazer in Chambray, RAG & BONE Burney Vest in Tattered Denim, Tibi Denim Dress Potpourri Printed