There’s no denying it, fall and its temperamental weather is officially here. Mornings are chilly, with a preview of what’s to come in the winter. But when noon rolls around, temperatures soar and we’re slowly peeling away jacket layers. It’s absolute madness!
There’s one item of clothing that can keep us sane during Mother Nature’s fickle mood swings: cozy sweaters. These knitted works of art are the perfect transitional piece, and there are so many styles to choose from these days that you’ll never get bored. To help you navigate through the jumper maze, we present 7 styles of sweaters that must find their way into your closet, STAT!
1. The Oversized Sweater: MINKPINK ‘Going for Baroque’ Sweater, $99
2. The Cardigan: rag & bone Claire Cardigan, $325
3. The Poncho: Lauren Ralph Lauren Bridle Buckle Shawl Collar Poncho, $150
4. The Boxy Silhouette: Elizabeth & James Pullover – Boxy, $395
5. The Grandpa Sweater: Opening Ceremony ‘Goddess’ Jacquard Knit Sweater, $395
6. The Layering Piece: WILDFOX Sweater – Lake House Over the Rainbow, $345
7. The Traditional: Just Cavalli Printed-Panel Colorblock Sweater, $495
Image Layout: Second City StyleSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: 7 sweaters for fall 2013, Elizabeth & James Pullover Boxy, Just Cavalli Printed-Panel Colorblock Sweater, MINKPINK 'Going for Baroque' Sweater, must have sweaters fall 2013, Opening Ceremony 'Goddess' Jacquard Knit Sweater, rag & bone Claire Cardigan, The Boxy Silhouette sweater, The Cardigan, The Grandpa Sweater, The Layering Piece, The Oversized Sweater, The Poncho: Lauren Ralph Lauren Bridle Buckle Shawl Collar Poncho, The Traditional sweater, WILDFOX Sweater - Lake House Over the Rainbow