It’s that awkward time of the year when the temperature is (slowly!) rising up, but a winter chill is still in the air. This season’s transition can make it extremely difficult to plan your day’s outfits: Crispy, cold air in the morning calls for layers and an appropriate coat, while sunny, warmer weather during the height of the afternoon has you shedding those layers ASAP. During this time of confusion, it’s best to invest in outerwear that can withstand early spring’s temperamental weather patterns, while still capitalizing on the season’s best trends.
Spring has its weather patterns, and here are five coats that will have you covered through all of the season’s crazy climate shifts:
1. Leather is an ideal fabric to rock during this transitional time of the year. The thick fabric can keep the cold winds from hitting your bones, keeping you snug and warm. This biker jacket from Phillip Lim also boasts a major spring trend: metallics. Talk about two birds with one stone!
2. By now you know pastels are going to be HUGE this spring. This parka from Ted Baker is the perfect way to incorporate the trend into your look now, before everyone else walks into the office in a flirty pastel frock.
3. Once spring hits, you can be sure that spring showers aren’t far behind. Repel those raindrops with an anorak that can withstand the toughest storms. This See by Chloe raincoat features water-repellant cotton — perfect against those unexpected downpours — and comes in a post colorblock finish.
4. This cannot be said enough: Trench Coats are a must during the springtime! The stylish overcoat can protect you against the wind and cold, but is light enough to not weigh you down during the day. And no one does trenches better than Burberry. Seriously.
5. Okay, so some places are bound to get more rain showers than others. If you happen to live in one of these locations, you might as well invest in a raincoat that can withstand the toughest storms. This Mackage jacket can protect you from the worst monsoons without sacrificing style. Who knew a slicker can be so stylish, right?
– Laurie Espino
Image Layout: Second City StyleSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: 3.1 Phillip Lim Colorblock Leather Biker Jacket, 5 Spring Coats, best rainwear spring 2014, best spring 2014 coats, Burberry London Trench Coat in Churchfield Lace, Mackage Liana Sleek High/Low Rain Jacket, See by Chloe Colorblock Hooded Cotton Coat, spring designer coats, Ted Baker Parka in Deuna Electric Daydream Print