Support the next generation of fashion designers! The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) produces Fashion 2014, the annual fashion show that celebrates an astounding 80 years of fashion innovation this year. The extraordinary runway show will be presented three times throughout the day on Friday, May 2, at Millennium Park’s Chase Promenade North.
Fashion 2014 will culminate with THE WALK 2014, SAIC’s annual benefit gala supporting the production of student work and scholarships. To honor the anniversary, performance artist, fashion influencer and SAIC educator Nick Cave will receive the Legend of Fashion Award.
“In eight decades, SAIC has developed an internationally renowned Fashion Design department that has produced visionary talent like Halston and Gary Graham and is now cultivating the next generation of great designers,” said SAIC President Walter E. Massey.
In past years SAIC has recognized leaders in the fashion industry, including Anna Sui, Nicole Miller, Maria Pinto, Ikram and Josh Goldman, Cynthia Rowley and Bill Powers, and Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte. This year, SAIC honors Cave for his cutting-edge work combining performance, sound, color and fashion. Dries van Noten, Thom Browne, Akris, Suno, and The Row have all cited Cave’s work as inspiring their collections.
THE WALK 2014, SAIC’s annual evening scholarship benefit, co-chaired by Margaret MacLean and Debbie Jagel and honoring acclaimed artist Nick Cave is held in conjunction with Fashion 2014.
• The event begins with a 5:30 p.m. cocktail reception in the Millennium Park Chase Promenade North.
• THE WALK starts at 6:30 p.m. and includes a special three-part act from Nick Cave, the runway show featuring SAIC student collections, presentations of the Legend of Fashion Award as well as significant student scholarships, awards, and coveted fashion industry internships.
• Immediately following THE WALK 2014, guests will enjoy a strolling dinner at the rooftop terrace of Millennium Park’s Harris Theater.
• Individual tickets for THE WALK 2014 are $500–$1,000. Tables are $5,000–$25,000.
Fashion 2014 will be presented three times on Friday, May 2.
• 9:00 a.m. is a general admission dress rehearsal. Tickets are $40.
• 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. shows are general admission seating. Tickets are $75 and available on site or online.
For more information and to purchase tickets, please call 312.499.4190 or visit saicfashion.org.See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: Debbie Jagel, honoring artist Nick Cave, Margaret MacLean, Millennium Park’s Chase Promenade North, SAIC FASHION 2014, SAIC Fashion Design department, SAIC Gary Graham, SAIC Halston, SAIC President Walter E. Massey, SAIC THE WALK, SAIC THE WALK 2014, THE WALK 2014 Is Friday May 2, THE WALK 2014 Nick Cave