My introduction to Fabletics actually began earlier this year. I was at a press preview and saw a rack of the first collection, but I hate to admit, forgot about it. Understand, I have been working out for years (even taught spinning for a long time) and have been obsessed with workout-wear since…well let’s just say thongs were in, OK? So over the years I have amassed quite a bit and am thrilled the options have multiplied since “athleisure” has become a huge trend and an even bigger business. Yet, sometimes looking at a rack of spandex leggings and bra-tops, nothing really pops out.
Now that I am doing pretty much strictly barre classes I have noticed (at least at my places of working out) quite a bit of Lululemon. While I own some myself, I find the price points of some of the items pretty high considering there are so many other options these days that are of just as good quality. As usual, I digress.
While I was at my local grocery store a couple of weeks ago I noticed a woman wearing a totally cool pair of camouflage leggings. If anything comes in a camo print, I pretty much want it. I saw a similar pair at Lululemon I was toying with purchasing, but not only were they $100, they were shiny and I like my patterned leggings matte. This women’s pair were perfect. So when I saw her again in the dairy isle (OK, I stalked her) I had to ask where she got them. Thankfully she didn’t throw yogurt at me and told me they were “Kate Hudson’s Fabletics” and not only were they not expensive, but she loved them.
As soon as I got home, I browsed the site and saw the camo leggings and a few other items I really liked. Fast forward and I have already worn my “Lima Capri in Camo” and “Norwalk Tank in Plum” and can say I am really impressed. The leggings are surprisingly high-quality especially for $50! I have a few pairs by a company that rhymes with ‘vendetta’ that cost more and don’t have nearly the same amount of compression. The tank has great style and is durable as well. I can’t wait to order more.
So what’s the deal with Fabletics? The active wear and accessories line was co-founded by Kate Hudson and the team behind JustFab nearly a year ago with the goal of offering active women affordable, high-quality workout wear. You can buy anything you like, when you like or you can become a VIP member where you get free shipping and returns and complete outfits starting at $49.95 (savings of up to 40%).
How it Works:
1. Fill out a Lifestyle Quiz – An easy quiz that asks about your workouts, needs, likes and what you normally wear will help personalize your monthly outfits.
2. Fabletics chooses your outfits (tops, bottoms and/or accessories) just for you. There are 2 levels of membership available.
- If you are a Regular Member, you can choose what you want and shop whenever you like. Orders over $49.95 get free shipping.
- If you are a VIP Member*, you are presented complete outfits once a month that start at $49.95 (free shipping), 20% off individual items and Reward Points for purchases and referrals.
*VIP Membership is available to anyone (no invite needed) and you can switch form a Regular membership to a VIP Membership at any time.
3. Monthly VIP Outfits: If you are a VIP Member you will be notified once a month about your customized outfit options. You can either purchase what they picked, chose another combination you like better or just skip the month altogether.
Simply visit Fabletics.com to shop and learn more.
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Items provided for review, but opinions are expressly my own.See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: Activewear review, Athleisure, bra-tops, Camoflauge, durable, Fabletics, Kate Hudson, Kate Hudson's Fabletics, Lauren Dimet Waters, leggings, Lifestyle Quiz, Lima Capri, low price athleticwear, Lululemon, Norwalk Tank, tank top, VIP member, Workout Outfits, workout-wear, Yoga Pants