Today’s Fashion Headlines: Guillaume Henry Joins Nina Ricci, Hong Kong Retailers, Five Indicted in Saks Theft Scheme

October 7, 2014 • Fashion Blog, Fashion News

Guillaume Henry, Carven, Nina Ricca

Guillaume Henry Joins Nina Ricci

Rising French fashion designer Guillaume Henry will be joining Nina Ricci as its new creative director effective Jan. 5 and will show his first collection for the fall 2015 season.

The 35-year-old made a name for himself at Carven and refreshed the line with a youthful look. to succeed Peter Copping, who is expected to take up a lead design role at Oscar de la Renta in New York. Second City Style met Guillaume Henry at Barneys New York for Carven (above) and we adore him! Read more here.

Hong Kong Retailers Sales Drop

Preliminary reports indicate retailers in China experienced a significant drop in sales as pro-democracy demonstrators paralyzed the city last week during what should have been one of the busiest shopping weeks of the year. Caroline Mak, chairman of the the Hong Kong Retail Management Association, said member companies expressed disappointment in retail sales results during Golden Week. The majority recorded a mid-double-digit drop in retail sales compared with the same period a year ago, Mak said. Stores located in the middle of the protests in the Admiralty, Mong Kok and Causeway Bay areas, for instance, were severely affected. Watch and jewelry, fashion and accessories and catering retailers suffered the biggest sales declines.

Five Indicted in Saks Theft Scheme

Details have emerged on the identity-theft ring that authorities said used stolen information and bought about $400,000 in designer merchandise at Saks Fifth Avenue in New York. On Monday morning, Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. announced the indictment of Tamara Williams, 36, along with collaborators Kriss Rockson, 45; Jason Chance, 25; Alaia Harrison, 20, and Michael Knight-Williams, 44, at a press conference. Rockson, Chance, Harrison and Knight-Williams were sales associates at Saks’ flagship Fifth Avenue location, where the fraudulent purchases were allegedly made between April and August of this year. The seized shoes and handbags included such brands as Valentino, Balmain, Christian Louboutin, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Giuseppe Zanotti, Givenchy and Céline. Vance called this “a group of individuals who were obviously focused on high-value objects to receive high-value returns on the black market.” He said “The identity-theft ring that has been working here would not have been possible without the help of insiders at Saks,”

Williams is accused of providing personal identifying information such as social security numbers and dates of birth of more than 30 Saks credit card holders. The sales associates would then allegedly purchase these and pass them to a group of shopper impersonators, who would hand them to Williams at several locations, including hair salons and gas stations in Queens. It was then resold, or returned to the store for gift cards, which were then resold or used as payment for the shoppers, authorities said. There were 91 such fraudulent transactions.

– Carol Calacci

Source: WWD

Photo: Second City Style

See the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply