January is known as the month to renew and refresh, to shape up and put your best foot forward in the new year. If is isn’t already, a hair makeover should be on your list of resolutions. After all it is one of the first things people notice, especially when you are all bundled up in winter. Get inspiration for a new look from the Sassoon AW15 Radian/t Collection. I visited Sassoon Salon Chicago for a much needed color, cut and style. Nicole Tabloff, Salon and Color Director added warm colors to my highlighted hair which works better on my winter skin, and for a very subtle change of pace. Jeremy Jernigan, Senior Stylist cleaned up my hair by trimming a few inches, but he still kept it long and now it has more volume and nice clean ends!
Here are some tips to get your hair in shape for 2016.
1. Trim Down – Forward book your salon appointments every 5-6 weeks for regular trims and haircuts. You’ll keep your ends healthy and feel forever fresh.
2. Embrace Hair Oil – Many avoid using hair oils for fear they leave hair looking & feeling greasy. The new generation of hair oils is lightweight and nourishing. Embrace hair oils this winter and try Davines OI Oil or Oil Non-Oil.
3. Treat Yourself – In between appointments, keep hair shiny and healthy with an at-home deep-conditioning masque treatment personalized for your hair type.
4. Try a Cool Rinse – In the same way that central heating affects hair, washing it in hot water can also dry locks out, so opt for a warm temperature instead. “Rinsing your hair in cool water adds extra shine and locks in vital moisture,’ says Marilyn Harmon, Creative Director for Sassoon Salon NYC Downtown
5. Warm Up – Blend warmer color palettes to support and enhance shine this season. “From rich mocha for brunettes, deep ruby for redheads, and soft, light hues for blondes, warmer tones keep you from looking washed out in the winter and give your skin a boost of radiance,” says Nicole Tabloff, Salon and Color Director of Sassoon Salon Chicago.
6. Stop Static – Cold winter dry air can make your hair stand on end. It can be (literally) shocking! Jeremy Jernigan, Senior Stylist at Sassoon Salon Chicago uses Kerastase Densifique Densimorphose® Thickening Treatment Mousse because it is light, adds body and reduces static and flyaway hair.
Read Lauren’s article 5 New Year Hair Resolutions From Sassoon Salon and see her new hair color on Fountain of 30.
Sassoon Salon | 181 N. Clark Street | Chicago, IL 60601 | Call 312-751-2216 for appointments.
– Carol Calacci
Photos: Second City Style and SassoonSee the Top Ten Summer 2016 Trends for Women Over 40
Tags: Carol Calacci, Davines, hair color, hair cuts, hair styling, Hair Tips, Jeremy Jernigan, KÃ©rastase, Marilyn Harmon, Nicole Tabloff, Sassoon AW15 Radian/t Collection, Sassoon Salon, Sassoon Salon Chicago