In just one year we tried hundreds of beauty products. Now we are proud to reveal our favorites from 2013. When moving forward, sometimes it’s important to look back. Besides, there were so many fabulous products that came out this past year, especially when it comes to anti-aging. Here we will share our top 3 in a few categories. Enjoy.
It’s nearly impossible to pick our top three favorite makeup products, because we were introduced to some truly amazing sure to be classics.
1. NARS Satin Lip Pencil will change your mind about drying lip pencils. This all-in-one smooth as silk and long-lasting lip pencil is all you need.
2. You probably know butter LONDON for their stellar nail polish products, but this past year they launched butter LONDON Cosmetics – a line of super pigmented and super fun cosmetics.
3. LORAC Double Feature Concealer & Highlighter will change your life if you are over 30! Not only does it make your eyes appear like you got a great night’s sleep, the highlighter erases a few years too!
Anti-Aging: Foundations, BB Creams, CC Creams (and the like)
1. Being the beauty snob I am and a die-hard Armani Luminous Silk Foundation addict my mind was literally blown when I tried COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation, which now has a permanent place in my makeup bag! That it’s one sixth the price is the icing on the cake!
2. If you find BB creams generally don’t have the coverage you need and you find yourself applying foundation over it like I do, then you need to try MAC Prep + Prime Beauty Balm Compact SPF 30. This all-in-one compact is perfection.
3. BB Creams were so 2012. 2013 was all about the CC (color correcting) cream! Olay Total Effects Tone Correcting CC Cream fights 7 signs of aging for a price that can’t be beat.
For those of use looking for the best anti-aging skincare products, the promises from the thousands of products available can be downright confusing. Here are our 3 favorites:
1. Want visibly younger looking skin in 2 weeks? Then try Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Cream which simultaneously lifts, firms, visibly redefines skin contour and re-texturize skin in that amount of time. Seriously.
2. If you didn’t think there was a way to look younger and tan at the same time, then Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads will change your life. This exfoliating self-tanner with anti-aging properties and vitamin D produce the most natural color I have ever seen!
3. Don’t forget about your lips because they show signs of aging too. Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil is an anti-aging treatment for lips that combines botanicals, vitamins and three powerful active ingredients in an oil blend that is truly addicting.
1. Kate Somerville Dermal Quench Liquid Lift & Advanced Wrinkle Reducer instantly gives your skin that sudden boost of moisture that aging skin craves. It infuses the skin with 3 powerful ingredients in the advanced HydraFill Complex:Wrinkle-relaxing PFC-oxygen carriers draw and lock in oxygen with an oxygen magnet and relax facial muscles to dramatically smooth and soften.
2. Sagging neck got you down? Perricone MD Cold Plasma Sub-D Neck Cream is a stellar non-invasive treatment to sculpt and tighten the appearance of skin along the chin and jaw-line.
3. Sure it costs a king’s ransom, but AMOREPACIFIC ‘Time Response’ Eye Renewal Creme is undoubtedly the BEST eye cream I have ever used. Period.
– Lauren Dimet Waters