If you have visited 900 North Michigan Shops recently, you may be wondering, “What’s going on with all the scaffolding reaching the ceilings?” So here’s the scoop on the 900 North Michigan Shops renovation.
900 North Michigan Shops is undergoing a totally comprehensive modernization. This renovation will transform the experience you once knew with a meticulously crafted plan of food, fashion, hospitality and entertainment all under one roof. Bloomingdale’s, all 70 retailers and the restaurants will remain open during the changes, so we can continue to shop, dine and relax as usual!
A Stylishly Intentional Transformation
• The revitalization of the space will affect every corner of the mall with a focus on the main grand entry, facades, ceilings, lighting, interior décor, acoustics, along with a spectacular video art installation. Shared work and social spaces will cater to the perpetually-connected guest.
• Greenery and nature-inspired elements will give the space a park-like atmosphere and provide a daily getaway if you work or live nearby. Tourists will love this.
• Spatial planning will allow for a wide range of regular live performances throughout the year.
• The atrium ceilings will be transformed into a digital art installation which will project a custom-produced mix of images and videos. This will be the largest LED display of its kind and will entertain us with hours of content. I can’t wait to see that!
• The 900 North Michigan Shops vision will be brought to life by design and concept firm, AvroKO, New York-based ESI Design, and Chicago-based OKW Architects.
So when will we see the great reveal? The opening is planned (just in time) for the 2017 holiday season!
JMB Realty Corporation and Affiliates
JMB Realty Corporation and affiliates, which own 900 North Michigan Shops and other retail properties on Rush and Walton streets, have transformed the retail mix from Michigan Avenue to Rush Street both on the street and inside 900 N Michigan Avenue.
About 900 North Michigan Shops
Residing on the north end of Chicago’s vibrant Magnificent Mile, 900 North Michigan Shops is an architecturally stunning 465,000 SF property with seven levels offering guests an unprecedented shopping experience. Anchored by Bloomingdale’s, the 900 North Michigan Shops features more than 70 retailers including Gucci, MaxMara, Montblanc, J.Crew and Michael Kors. There is also a diverse selection of dining options.
Visit 900 North Michigan Shops
Image: 900 North Michigan Shops
Tags: 2012 Chicago Fashion Incubator Designers, 900 North Michigan Shops, Bloomingdale's Buiding Chicago, Chicago Dining, destinations in Chicago, renovation 900 North Michigan Shops, shopping in Chicago