The Makeup Show was back in Chicago for its 6th year on November 12th and 13th, at a brand new location, Revel Fulton Market. Second City Style stopped in to learn a thing or two along with beauty pros and makeup enthusiasts (over 4,500) that attended! Attendees were able to shop more than 70 beauty brands at exclusive show‐only prices, sit in on an inspirational lineup of keynote speakers and seminars, network with top industry executives, and fill their kits with some of today’s most cutting edge products. Guests were also able to refine their skill set by attending a variety of hands-on workshops and interact one-on-one with leading celebrity artists. The lineup of keynote speakers included Gregory Arlt, Mario Tricoci, Danessa Myricks, Yaneek Proctor, Michael DeVellis, Vivian Baker, and James Vincent. Attendees also had the rare opportunity to see Kat Von D at her first ever appearance at The Makeup Show Chicago (her makeup rocks, by the way).
Celebrity Makeup Artist James Vincent (the face, voice, humorist) his real title, The Makeup Show Director of Education and Artist Relations, showcased some of his favorite products (if he does not like a product he will not promote it) and gave a few tips on how to use them. Now I’d like to share a few that you can purchase online and you can feel like a makeup wizard, too!
PRO TIPS FROM JAMES VINCENT:
Pictured above (from left to right):
• If primers make you shine and you want something non-oily use Smashbox Primer Water, $32
• Matte lipstick is back – in a better way! Try non-drying Bdellium Tools Matte Lipstick, $16
• Makeup pros (and you) need a detail brush like this to draw in individual hairs for brows and the lash line from this professional brush line: Cozzette D230 The Mini Definer Brush, $15
• Get a natural look with a few of these tiny individual lashes (and look at the price!) Ardell Individuals Medium Black Lashes, $3.99
• Here’s how to get a radiant shimmery glow: MAKE UP FOR EVER Pro Light Fusion Highlighter, $39
• Mix MAC Golden Bronzer, $27 with blush and get a natural lifted glow!
• Add a little foundation over these powders in the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit, $48.75
• This moisturizer, primer and makeup remover is a makeup pro cult classic: Embryolisse Lait-creme Concentre, $19.99
• This mascara achieves “just the way you want your lashes to look, with both length and volume.” Kevyn Aucoin The Expert Mascara, $29
The Makeup Show Chicago featured over 70 top pro‐focused brands including: Diamond Sponsor MAKE UP FOR EVER, PlaMnum Sponsor Crown Brush and TEMPTU, Silver Sponsor NARS CosmeVcs, ContribuMng Sponsors Pinnacle CosmeVcs, Anastasia Beverly Hills, and GlamcorTec, SupporMng Sponsor MUSTAEV, and School Sponsor Make Up First School of Makeup ArVstry. Other brands in attendance included Kat Von D Beauty, Embryolisse USA, Ellis Faas, INGLOT Cosmetics, Kevyn Aucoin, Mehron Inc, Senna CosmeVcs, among many others.
Visit The Makeup Show for a city near you. The next show in Chicago is June 17-18, 2017.
– Carol Calacci
Photos: Second City Style
Products received for review but the opinions are my own.