So I picked up a copy of Marie Claire again. Ever since they went all "P.C." on me I couldn’t buy it. The only thing I want with my fashion magazine is beauty! Finally they had a feature on the cover that prompted me to buy the issue…"25 Products That Changed Our Lives". I was very intrigued. You know what? It was pretty good. Here are numbers 1-10 (I bore easily) and links to where to purchase them if you can’t purchase at a drugstore. I also added my own commentary…of course.
1. Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder $19-34 at Abeautifullife.com. Comes in 5 shades and soaks up the oil in dirty hair. This I have to try!
2. L’Oreal Voluminous Original Volume Building Mascara $6.99 (drugstores)
3. NARS Powder Blush Cheek Color, Orgasm $25 at Beauty.com
Contrary to popular belief, this color is not for everybody, including me.
4. Creative Nail Design Glossing Buffer $5.50 at Shop.com.
Buff on a shiny gloss.
5. Crest Whitestrips Daily Multicare $40.
It’s easy to find a $5 coupon for this product. Also, my dentist warned me not to use the strips daily or it will strip the enamel off your teeth. She made me promise to only use it once a week max. Listen to my dentist.
6. Essie Nail Polish in Ballet Slippers $8
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Try something different yet still neutral like a skin tone color like Deborah Lippmann told me. It takes a few days to get used to, but I am really liking it.
7. Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey $14 at Clinique.com
Wow! Honey, I used to wear this when I was 15 and have not since. I may have to revisit this product.
8. Kate Somerville ‘Kate in a Jar’ $85 for 1.7 oz at BlissWorld.com
For that amount of money someone should let her out. Actually, I have been hearing rave reviews about this exfoliator. Although I don’t think Marie Claire should think that Sharon Stone using it is a selling point.
9. La Mer ‘The Lip Balm’ $45.00 at Neiman Marcus
This has to be the least expensive product they make! MC says to try it on cuticles too.
10. Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion SPF 15 $9 (drugstores)
Everyone is talking about Olay products these days. They work and are easy to find and affordable. Back to basics.
More next week!
– Lauren Dimet
Tags: 'Kate in a Jar', Almost Lipstick, Ballet Slippers, blush, Bumble and Bumble, Clinique, Creative Nail Design Glossing Buffer, Crest Whitestrips, essie, Hair Powder, Kate Somerville, L'Oreal, Le Mer, nailpolish, NARS, Olay, Orgasm, Voluminous Mascara