It happens every season: A past decade’s trends always steals the spotlight. Last year, it was all about the crop tops and the resurgence of the 90’s style. Before that, 80’s shoulder pads were (surprisingly) finding their back to blazers and dresses. This spring, designers decided to take it back to the glamorous 70’s.
Before you start dusting off your disco attire from the golden days of yore, keep in mind that this season’s trend is a little more subtle: retro shapes, touches of colorful suede and wider pant silhouettes. To avoid looking like you stepped off a time capsule, we recommend infusing just a few key pieces into your wardrobe and mixing them with some of your classic favorites. Here is a little cheat sheet to keep you ahead of the (fashion) curve.
1. Platform Heels: Tom Ford Calfskin Platform Clog Sandal, Caramel, $2,390
2. Colorful Suede: Burberry Prorsum Patent-Trimmed Ombre Suede Trenchcoat, $6,500
3. Fringe: BCBGMAXAZRIA Farrell Fringe Jacket, $468
4. Elegant Jumpsuit: Diane von Furstenberg Long-Sleeve Blouson-Top Jumpsuit, $428
5. Bell Bottom Denim: Current/Elliott Girl Crush High Waist Flare Jeans, $218
6. Hippie-Chic Accessory: Saint Laurent Fringe Small Bucket Bag, $1,990
– Laurie Espino
Image Layout: Second City Style
Tags: 70s Trend Spring 2015, BCBGMAXAZRIA, Bell Bottom Denim, Burberry Prorsum, Colorful Suede, Current/Elliott, Diane Von Furstenburg, flare jeans, footwear, fringe, handbags, jeans, jumpsuits, Laurie Espino, Ombre Suede, Platform Clog Sandal, platform heels, Retro Shapes, Saint Laurent, Spring 2015 Collections, suede, Tom Ford, Trenchcoat